Department of Cardiovascular Sciences
Werner Budts, Department Chair
"The Department of Cardiovascular Sciences aims to increase knowledge in cardiovascular biology and diseases, to implement translation from bench to bedside and to improve patient care and cardiovascular health...." More...
7 STRATEGIC PILLARS OF RESEARCH
Catalysing excellence. Within the department, all research units pursue excellence in their field of expertise. Collaborations with other research groups within the Group of Biomedical Sciences and beyond contributes to ongoing success... More...
RESEARCH MATRIX AND RESEARCH TRACKS
Research in the Department includes exploratory basic research, clinical and population studies, and diagnostic and technological innovation. The different research units excel in their specific expertise... More...
- Anesthesiology and Algology
- Clinical Cardiac Surgery
- Hypertension and Cardiovascular Epidemiology
- Vascular Surgery
- Experimental Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Imaging and Dynamics
- Experimental Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiovascular Developmental Biology
- Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology (CMVB)
- Leuven Clinical Coordinating Centre (LCC)
- Editorial Office of Cardiovascular Research
- Cardiovascular Sciences Campus Kortrijk
Lirias is the document repository to archive the KU Leuven Association research output in a digital way. In this repository you will find the publications of our department. You can browse by research group, author, etc. https://lirias.kuleuven.be/
The Department is highly involved in national and international research networks and programmes... More...