Research of the Biomedical Sciences at KU Leuven is organized within 14 departments, each containing several research groups. Interdisciplinary networks and institutes cross the borders of these departments. In translational research programs, basic biomedical research is linked with clinical research performed at the University Hospitals Leuven (UZ Leuven). Patient oriented studies in the University Hospital is coordinated by the Clinic Trial Center (CTC).
Interdisciplinary networks & institutes
- Leuven Research Institute for Neurodegenerative Disorders (LIND)
- Leuven Cancer Institute (LKI)
- Medical Imaging Research Center (MIRC)
- Rega Institute for Medical Research
- Stem Cell Institute Leuven (SCIL)
- Leuven Bioinformatics Interest Group (BIG)
Through core facilities researchers have access to innovative technologies. These facilities foster collaboration and are the means to optimise the usage of resources and equipment.