Doctoral School Programmes
Research and training in the Doctoral School Biomedical Sciences is structured around eleven thematic programmes led by internationally recognized scientists and supported by state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Cell Signaling and Therapeutics
- Cognitive and Molecular Neurosciences
- Drug Design and Development: from Target to Market
- Emerging Concepts in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Exercise and Physical Activity in Health and Disease
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Mechanisms of Human Disease
- Molecular and Developmental Genetics
- Molecular and Stem Cell Medicine
- Patient related and Public Health Research
Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorates
Each programme organizes a set of training activities consisting of courses, invited lectures, journal clubs and seminars that stimulate PhD students to broaden their scientific horizon and to gain specific expertise in their domain.
PhD students who are affiliated with a specific programme, are expected to attend all programme-based training activities that are an inherent part of their doctoral training.