Career perspectives for PhD's
Although four years of PhD research may seem a long period with life after doctoral period far away, there will be a moment - probably sooner than expected - when you start thinking about the next step in your career.
- Will you pursue a research career in academia or do you consider moving into private or public sector?
- Do you want to go abroad or not?
- Will you continue working in the same field or are you looking to step into another domain?
Many questions and probably not a single straightforward answer. So don't worry if you haven't decided overnight on your postdoctoral future. Just take the time to weigh out the different alternatives. Hopefully the links below will help you in reaching an informed decision.
Available Postdoc Positions at Biomedical Sciences at KU Leuven
Hints for a Successful Job Search
- Hints for a successful job interview
- Career Basics Booklet (ScienceCareers & AAAS)
- How-to Guides for CV's and Interviews (ScienceCareers & AAAS)
- Finding the Perfect Postdoc (National Postdoctoral Association)
- Career Tips for Postdocs (PostdocJobs)
- Recruiting PhD's: What works? (UKGRAD report)
- Post-Doc Carreer Development Initiative
Looking for a Postdoc Job? Search the Databases.
- Postdoc positions in the field of Biomedical Sciences
- EU Researcher's Mobility Portal
Going Abroad for a Postdoc
- International Postdoctoral Recruiting Program at University of Pennsylvania (partnership with K.U.Leuven)